Jumat, 24 Juni 2022

Miniatures and board games

I do not hate sketches. I bought some 3D printers that could make thumbnails for my D&D games, COVID made it difficult to play the games in the real world and we switched to Roll20. So I printed a lot of orcs and saw that a single color 3D printed thumbnail is much better than a simple 2D color drawing on a game board. So I started hating miniature in board games. To explain why, let's take a look at the box office photo of Kingdom Death: Monsters.
You see? Lots of unassembled plastic parts. This has 3 consequences: 1) Kingdom Death: Monsters cost only about $ 400 for the main box; 2) If you can not assemble complex small plastic parts into real miniatures, you will not be able to play; and 3) if you can not draw thumbnail, the end result will not look better than monochrome 3D printed thumbnail. Now these 3 problems have different degrees in different games. Some come with already composite miniatures. Some have even painted it, but it is obviously more expensive.

The bottom line is that there are some board games I can play if they came with cardboard stands instead of miniatures. But there are thumbnails and only small pictures that prevent me from getting the game. I find the idea of ​​Kingdom Death: Monster's Settlement Survival Game very interesting (even if it's a little difficult), but I'm sure I would not spend a fortune on something that would take my hours of dirty work to put it all together. do not make. . Some people naturally collect and paint plastic models for fun; but it is certainly not for everyone. Although on the last Kickstarter, 13 people pledged $ 2,500 for the game. I'll wait for the $ 100 carton version that never comes out.

PERUBAHAN FISIKA

KATA PENGANTAR: Puji syukur kehadirat Tuhan Yang Maha Esa atas segala limpahan Rahmat, Ina, Taufiq dan Hinaya yang memungkinkan saya untu...