Rabu, 29 Juni 2022

Vagrus - The Riven Realms

In 2004, I wrote a blog about how I would like to see commerce implemented in a fantasy RPG, buy at low prices, take the risky journey of transporting goods elsewhere, and sell them. At the time I wanted it to be an MMORPG, but after 17 years of waiting, I would have chosen Vagrus - The Riven Realms as the next best thing. Finally, there is a game in which I can ride a traveling caravan through a dangerous fantasy world.

Although I enjoy this game a lot, I can clearly see how it will not be for everyone. The post-apocalyptic environment in the Bronze Age includes cruel things like slaves, which some people do not consider politically correct (even if modeled after the Roman era, where many slaves were white). The game is also very challenging, and you have to play it with the simplest level of difficulty. It is full of stories and traditions that often appear on the long walls of text.

But all this does not bother me. Vagrus plays as a great mix of business management and fantasy adventure. Drive a caravan of huge monsters, mountains, knights, soldiers, explorers, workers and slaves above. There is a large map, with many still undiscovered locations, which you slowly discover by launching quests or listening to gossip. You can travel on the road or across the desert, with the desert being the most dangerous, but also providing more opportunities for hunting or foraging. The supplies you need to feed everyone occupy a large portion of your cargo space, and you will need to maintain a good balance between the amount of animals your cargo space provides, the manpower you require and the guards that protect them.

In addition to buying low and selling high, you can also accept freight commitments from different factions or passenger transportation. You can also find different "friends", each with their own story. There are two combat systems, one in which you fight your entire convoy and one in which you fight only your comrades. The latter is often used for various missions and adventures that you may encounter. You can focus on being a merchant, more adventurous, or more exploratory. The whole game is a large sandbox, with a very small grip, so it is recommended to stock it regularly. Things can quickly go wrong and cause the entire trailer to disappear.

Vagrus is a standalone game, so it's not that expensive. The downside is that the community is very small. If I get stuck on a mission in Baldur's Gate 3, there are thousands of websites that can provide me with ongoing information and information. As for Vagrus, I couldn't even find the basic info of what I had to do to start my personal quest for my friend ork Gor'Goro, which I needed to pass to level 2. Well, I'll meet that one for sure. Sometimes, I explore. So yeah, Vagrus is kind of a cozy game, but it's the real place for me!

PERUBAHAN FISIKA

KATA PENGANTAR: Puji syukur kehadirat Tuhan Yang Maha Esa atas segala limpahan Rahmat, Ina, Taufiq dan Hinaya yang memungkinkan saya untu...