Senin, 30 Mei 2022

An experience in trading

Looking back, it appears that Bardsung 's crowdfunding promise was wrong. Let's call it a two-part error. The first part is that Bardsung has a lot of bugs that make it less fun than it could be objectively. The second part, at best, is a game that I still don't think I want or don't want. My misconception was that the crowdfunding campaign was created because it talked a lot about aspects of the game's story with the help of famous guest writers և dubbing apps. I love games like Sleeping Gods (distant skies remake starting tomorrow) with the powerful "Choose Your Adventure" game. Bardsung is not that. Bardsung's story is that at the end of each prison tour there is a one-hour paragraph reading, often without any interesting options. Bardsung is a random dungeon making game, killing monsters in those dungeons, it's not a very difficult (but sometimes difficult) combat system. If that's all you want, then it's a good game. If you are tired of fighting in random dungeons like me, this game may not be for you.

Buying a game you don't like always happens, whether it's a board game or a computer game. For computer games, under certain conditions, you can get your money back on Steam if you have recently purchased the game and haven't played it often. For me, this never holds true, as I usually buy Steam games at the time of sale and then play them later when the redemption period is up. Reselling the game on Steam is not an option. But aside from the fact that "Sitting in my Steam library" takes up virtually no space, և it's probably a little painful, there's no negative impact on buying a Steam game, which I later realized I don't liked.

Board games * take up a lot of space in my library. Typical Kickstarter games take up a lot of space with very small boxes. It goes without saying that if you are looking for a promise, you will find yourself with a few blocks from the main game to extra time to expand the objectives. The interest in getting rid of a board game you don't like is a little higher, as board game collectors always have room for small shelves. And unlike the digitally downloaded PC game, the physical chest of board games has a certain value. Maybe someone else likes the game more than you do. So selling the game is very interesting, you get paid for another game, you free up that low space և remove the big boxes that remind you of your wrong judgment.

However, it is not easy to sell board games. Remember the big stack of boxes, which can be quite heavy? Mail can be very expensive. It is difficult to sell a board game on the spot because it is a specialized hobby. Bardsung Kickstarter had 10,000 fans, it's already one of the biggest, but 10,000 people are spread all over the world. Relatively small examples of Kickstarter board games also allow speculators to win over those who buy games without opening the sales box. In comparison, a copy of a board game loses much of its value. And you face all the possible problems of selling something to a stranger on the Internet.

I recently attended a local comic conference, including some board game vendors. Less than half an hour later, I found a shop that was buying used board games. And since the last time I gave them for free I took out board games, I thought I'd give them a try. It was a mixed experience. On the plus side, I removed Bardsung և two more minigames and got two new ones. The downside is that they didn't pay with cash, but with store credit. And they only paid 30% of the recommended price, which didn't really surprise me after watching a real TV series like Pawn Stars. The store cannot sell used games for more than 60% of the recommended price, so they pay me half of what they have to pay for the store և there is a risk that no one will want to buy that game. The good news is I paid double for Bardsung MSRP Kickstarter, so I still have 60% of my money left.

Well, Bardsung was a pretty big box, I'm glad I pulled it out. But I won't get into the habit of trading used games. The types of board games I like are niche, and even in a store full of used board games, I haven't seen many games that have been fun for me. But I still prefer this option rather than paying for the delivery of a large, heavy box sent to a stranger. I think the internet has damaged my faith in humanity.

PERUBAHAN FISIKA

KATA PENGANTAR: Puji syukur kehadirat Tuhan Yang Maha Esa atas segala limpahan Rahmat, Ina, Taufiq dan Hinaya yang memungkinkan saya untu...