Selasa, 05 Juli 2022

I nearly fell for buying Humankind

When I opened my Epic Games launcher today, it told me I only had 4 days left to claim the $10 discount and pre-order bonus from humanity. Since I was somewhat aware that the game was basically Civilization 7, I started to wonder if I should apply really early. Fortunately, I decided to address this question by doing some research, and that research came up with a very surprising answer: I shouldn't have to pay the full $50 to apply to Humanity up front because I can be free.

Well, maybe put an asterisk next to "free *" because it's not free "free". I get Humankind "for free *" because I already pay $10 a month for Xbox Game Pass for PC. And humanity will be in this game from day one of release. In other words, I can mentally subtract 50 dollars from this year's money, where I compare the 120 dollars annual cost of the game card with the money I saved for buying games.

Of course, this event is not announced in the Epic Games launcher. I mean, it would be stupid to do that. If you don't have Humankind or Game Pass, you have the option to buy and play Humankind forever, or spend the same amount on a 5-month Game Pass and play a bunch of different games for it. era. You'd have to be a pretty extreme humanity fan for the former to be better than the latter. I've been playing for well under 5 months when I play most of the games. I only played Civ6 for 40 hours (but Civ5 for 80 hours).

So my biggest problem is that I'm not always aware of games coming to Xbox Game Pass and I can find that I can accidentally buy a game and then play it for "free *". Is there a newsletter I can subscribe to?

PERUBAHAN FISIKA

KATA PENGANTAR: Puji syukur kehadirat Tuhan Yang Maha Esa atas segala limpahan Rahmat, Ina, Taufiq dan Hinaya yang memungkinkan saya untu...