Sabtu, 04 Juni 2022

Old Man Ring - Part 4

Since I’m going to be playing Elden Ring a little more, I’m going to stop blogging about it every day. I don’t know if it will be part 5 of this series but it won’t be tomorrow. In this recent past, I’ve been talking about the elephant in the room, the reason why Elden Ring’s user reviews are less positive than the critics ’opinions: The technical execution of the game.

I've followed a dozen tips to change various settings in Windows, screen drivers, and gaming, but Elden Ring still stumbles upon my Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070, which isn't a bad card. In fact, the problem is not with the graphics card, but with the fact that the game freezes for a second or two at random intervals, and then relays the events for those 2 seconds. Since you can't control your character like that, you'll probably die while fighting the boss or running to the cliff. I would call it “laughter” but I’m playing offline, which doesn’t even fit the term. I’m one of many people with problems with Elden Ring’s technical performance, and in a game where microsecond response times are at stake, stumbling is very bad.

Probably a factor as to why they're doing so poorly. As we work, however, it is clear that Elden Ring is poorly programmed. Once you start using cheat modes and start worrying less about fighting monsters, you’ll see that you spend a lot of time fighting the UI, and that’s awesome. Just look at the very simple and basic operation to complete the game: the number of operations and the time required in Elden Ring is staggering. You cannot press ESC repeatedly and leave.

I feel like in a dark and gloomy game that aims to punish the player, players believe that the quality of life UI features are just one part of the design philosophy. But since I’ve come to Elden Ring with experience in MMORPGs and not Soul games, I can see how the Elden Ring is worse compared to the controls. Elden Ring is also not very friendly with new players, he has refused to explain how the game works. The tutorial covers only a few basics and never runs me or how to do a sprint, for example. I continue to find items that I have no idea what they do in the game. And it’s hard to know if a new weapon you’ve found is better or worse than the weapon you just found. I haven’t played them in previous games because the site is pretty full of nonsensical stats and you don’t know which ones matter.

Don’t get me wrong, Elden Ring certainly has his good side and entertainment potential, as well as for me, the slow old man. But unfortunately, the current Metacritic 97 score is too high. To get that high for a game, it has to be technically excellent and easy to use, and Elden Ring certainly isn’t.

PERUBAHAN FISIKA

KATA PENGANTAR: Puji syukur kehadirat Tuhan Yang Maha Esa atas segala limpahan Rahmat, Ina, Taufiq dan Hinaya yang memungkinkan saya untu...